Monday 15 April 2013

The Mansion on O Street


Where I Stayed 

I have just spent the weekend in the Mansion on O Street in Washington D.C.  (Please visit: http://www.omansion.com/

The Mansion on O Street is no ordinary hotel as you will find from my photographs. The hotel is unique for many reasons. Every room can hold your attention, there is not a clear spot that will allow your mind to wonder. 90% Of what is found in the hotel has been generously donated by guests and everything you see can be bought. The hotel is full of unique and interesting finds, I think its a brilliant idea to allow guests to be able to take a piece of this extraordinary hotel home with them or be able to add to its magnificence by donating. 

The hotel owners are very friendly and always around to talk too. They allow guests to venture into the hotel and nosey around the many rooms. The mansion holds many secret doors to guest rooms and hidden parts to the hotel. Anything can be a door from closets and bookcases to mirrors. The hotel feels alive with creativity and history. Every room can inspire, by the way it is decorated or by the contrasting art work and  furniture. 

I felt like Alice in wonderland  squeezing behind mirrors into narrow hall ways filled with strange and wonderful paintings that led to rooms behind bookcases and trinkets from every decade. 

The mansion lends an experience that others can not, it brings out your childish curiosities and touches the imaginative Alice within us all.  


The Room I stayed in with the comfiest bed ever!


A friend I made at the bar


Dog themed wallpaper in my bedroom

One of many secret doors




One of my favourite rooms in the hotel.

A Mirror or a Door?

Musical Poos

I just love this wardrobe!

Creepy toys hide amongst antique ornaments and a vast collection of guitars.





0 comments:

Post a Comment